WHO I AM AND WHAT I BELIEVE
Name: Samuel and Deborah Grottis. We were married in 1976. Children: Four sons- Michael, Kurt, Garreth, and Jonathan. Two sons are married. Their wives are Salini and Carmelle. Grandchildren: Michael Jr., Tershana, Nahum, Chloe, Samuel Jr. and TiagoBackground Samuel; a servant of the Most High God, was born and raised in Zimbabwe and trained in business management and development. He is a visionary with more than 32 years of business leadership. He started in the Corporate World in Zimbabwe and worked at various management levels for 8 years. He then owned and managed several profitable businesses for 15 years in Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Mozambique. In 2000 he joined World Relief International for nine years serving as the managing director in microfinance operations, then as Country Director for Mozambique, and finally as Southern Africa Director. He is one of the founders of AfricaWorks and is currently President and CEO. AfricaWorks is an indigenous micro finance and economic empowerment organization. Samuel’s passion is to see the economic transformation of the African continent with the Church of Jesus Christ as the transformative agent. I Believe
- That I will see a day in Africa when our Children will enjoy the privileged of a good education, a well balanced meal, and a choice of lifestyle.
- I will see a day when our fathers, mothers and young people will all be gainfully employed as skilled educated people.
- I will see a day when health care will be a norm and the health facilities will be functional and treatment found within the village.
- I will see a day when fathers, mothers and children of Africa will live as a family in well built homes.
- I will see a day when transport will be easily and readily accessible, roads will be well maintained, access to electricity and clean water will be the norm of the day.
- Finally, I see a day when African leaders take rightful responsibility and serve their people well!