AfricaWorks is focused on economic empowerment.
AfricaWorks will do this through, financing (loans), investments, business development services, partnerships, joint ventures, ownership, franchising, brokering, agencies and business associations.
Reducing poverty through sustainable economic empowerment and holistic transformation
1. AfricaWorks exists to enable the poorest of the poor to escape poverty through economic development. AfricaWorks primary focus is the creation of small to medium size businesses that are African owned, led and managed, and create sustainable employment that strengthens families and communities.
2. AfricaWorks seeks to fill the gaps in value chains, creating sustainable community-based businesses.
3. AfricaWorks is committed to holistic development (economic, social, and spiritual) and will invite partners to focus on social and spiritual growth when and where appropriate.
4. AfricaWorks seeks to identify business opportunities and entrepreneurs, assist with developing business plans and providing seed capital, and on-going management coaching to increase the odds of business success. These are shared with the expectation that recipients will build a sustainable business.
5. AfricaWorks envisions expanding operations throughout Africa when and where it makes business sense.
6. AfricaWorks is a response to the teaching of Jesus specifically, and all Scripture generally, that we are to be as concerned with justice for the poor as God and Jesus are. AfricaWorks seeks to act as the hand and feet of Jesus to help the poor through economic development.
1. Commitment to God and Biblical principles
6. Transformation of livelihoods
1. AfricaWorks enabled businesses will be led, managed and majority owned by citizens of African countries.
2. AfricaWorks will always seek a triple bottom line—economic, spiritual and social transformation.
3. AfricaWorks will seek to build sustainable community-oriented business models.
4. AfricaWorks will focus on the economically disadvantaged.
5. AfricaWorks will seek attractive market and growth opportunities.
6. AfricaWorks will incubate pilot projects with capable management.
7. AfricaWorks is a partner-friendly organization and will seek to build strong support networks.
O: Ownership – Realized in 3 forms, equity, process and intrinsic (emotional).
– Equity: Through investments and grants.
– Process: Taken ownership of every stage in the organization which makes things happen on daily basis e.g. manager, loan officer, farmer, client.
– Intrinsic (emotional): The belief in the organizations vision at a personal level. Emotional ownership increases with the alignment of personal vision towards organizational vision.
R: Relationships – Based on how we see the overall value of each other as stakeholders towards fulfilling the overall organizations vision and mission.
E: Empowerment – Only when we are empowered individually in a corporate entity, then only can we see the transformation we so desire around us.